Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blurb

This may be a short blurb, but it is just as important:

I have restricted the settings on commenting on my blog posts. Maybe you do not often follow my blog and you would not have read the post: WTF!! Commenter - You're in trouble written just last month.

My family is very important to me and therefore, I take comments made about them very seriously. There was a comment on my last post that referred to my husband as a "slug" and I do not appreciate this, regardless of the intent behind it ... jokingly or not. It was inappropriate to post that on a post that was saying good things about him.

Yes, I do complain about some of the things he does, or does not do at times - but half the time, I think that you can ask any wife about those things and she will have the same complaint...men tend to fall in those categories of the things I blog about. (Just as I am sure that women fall into the categories my husband would blog about me) You know, men and women are different but men as a whole and women as a whole - well, there tend to be similarities among them.

That post was actually written for Evan, and for the rest of you to know that the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful husband and for someone to refer to him as a slug on such a post as they did, it made me really mad.

I realize I may no longer have comments as much as I use to...but if that is the sacrifice I make to limit the rudeness towards my family, then it is no sacrifice at all.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this was very rude, but some people are just this way!! We know what a good guy he is and how much he loves you and Liliana. For those who are so rude lately we will continue to pray for you,
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete